Mala Spicy Sauce
Why we love it: Spicy Lovers!!! This one is FOR YOU. This sauce is properly, mouth numbingly, deliciously spicy. 'Mala' translates to 'numbing spicy,' which produces a tingling, numbing sensation in the mouth that true spicy fans can't get enough of.
This is a sauce is paste based, which means you can...
- mix it into vermicelli/rice noodles and top it with a pan fried egg and some blanched bok choy on the side for a quick and yummy lunch
- mix it with plain rice to spice it up
- add to stir fried asian veggies (like napa cabbage!) to give a veggie dish depth and flavor
- add it to a homemade hot pot soup base for some mala hot pot
- the list goes on and on!!
Note from Eden, Miirushop Founder: As someone who has tried many spicy sauces from all over Asia, this one stands out for its herbal components that lend a warm, comforting base to the sauce. Taiwanese sauces also tend to strike a pleasing balance between sweet and salty that is harder to find in other countries' sauces.
280g/ea | Exp 8/6/22 | Made in Taichung, Taiwan
Ingredients: water, soybean oil, brewed soy sauce, salt, sugar, chili, chili oil, garlic, monosodium glutamate, ginger, acetylated distarch adipate, sichan peppercorn powder, coriander seed, turmeric, mustard, chickpea, fennel, fenugreek, star anise, cinnamon, cloves, parsley, yeast extract, licorice, corn syrup